THE HISTORY OF ST. PAUL PARISH
Fr. Henry Halinde was sent to Combined Locks in November 1923 to establish a parish. The congregation was incorporated on December 9, 1923.
The first church was the first village school, which was remodeled to suit the congregation's needs. A belfry was added and the rectory was built adjacent to it. Combined Locks Paper Company donated the land for the first church and rectory. The church was first named St. Henry and later renamed St. Paul to honor Paul Smith, who contributed much time, labor and financial aid to the church. The first Mass in the church was on December 9, 1923.
Ground was broken for the current Wallace Street church in 1963. The converted school served the parish until March 15, 1964, when Mass was offered for the first time in the new church. Bishop Stanislaus Bona dedicated the Wallace Street church on June 21, 1964.